Work on the Boyd Lake Avenue and US34 intersection has begun
Contact: Project Hotline 970-532-2295
BOYD LAKE AVENUE & US 34 INTERSECTION IMPROVEMENTS
The project will provide increased efficiency for traffic utilizing turning lanes on US 34 as well as Boyd Lake Avenue. Installation of sidewalks and improved pedestrian crosswalks will allow for a safer passage way for pedestrians around the intersection.
- Start date - Sept. 26
- Hours of operation: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., lane closures will take place only between 8:30 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Some weekend and night work may occur
- Anticipated project completion in Dec. 2016
- Travelers can expect lane closures on both US 34 and Boyd Lake Avenue throughout the project
SCOPE OF WORK
- Installation of new traffic signals at the Intersection of US 34 & Boyd Lake Avenue
- Re-configure and improve turn lanes on northbound and southbound Boyd Lake Avenue onto US 34
- Installation of sidewalks and pedestrian crosswalks
- Driveway access to businesses and residents will be maintained at all times
- Travelers can expect delays on US 34 as well as Boyd Lake Avenue
- Alternate routes are strongly recommended
- Speed limits will be reduced to 45 miles per hour on US 34 throughout the project
Please keep in mind schedules and hours are approximate and can be affected by weather and other unforeseen conditions.
The project hotline is monitored 24/7 and you can expect a prompt response to your questions or concerns.
Flaggers and construction crews will be working in close proximity to traffic flow. Please keep their safety as well as your own in mind when traveling through the construction zone.