Candidate calendar set for 2019 election
Contact: Patti Garcia, City Clerk, 962-2322
Loveland voters on Nov. 5, 2019 will elect a mayor to serve a two-year term and fill four City Council seats for four-year terms, one in each of the city’s four wards.
Candidate information packets are now available at the City Clerk’s office. Anyone interested in filing as a candidate should be familiar with this sequence of events:
- Monday, Aug. 5: Candidate petitions can be picked up from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the City Clerk’s office, 500 E. Third St.
- Tuesday, Aug. 6: Candidates may begin circulating petitions required for ballot placement.
- Wednesday, Aug. 7: Candidate information session convenes at 5:30 p.m. in the City Council Chamber of the Civic Center, 500 E. Third St., for an overview of the election, candidate deadlines, petitions and campaign finance regulations.
- Monday, Aug. 26: Petitions must be filed with the City Clerk no later than 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 4: Candidate orientation session in the City Council Chamber follows a drawing to determine ballot order.