"Stuff the Bus" with cold-weather gear for homeless
COLT, the City of Loveland transit agency, and Loveland Connect are partnering to help those experiencing homelessness in our community by collecting donations during “Stuff the Bus” events on five mid-September dates.
A COLT bus will be at five City of Loveland facility locations collecting new and used outerwear, boots, shoes, blankets, tents, sleeping bags and backpacks to distribute during the Eighth Annual Loveland Connect event, Oct. 11, 2019 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Truscott Elementary School.
Dates, times and places to Stuff the Bus are:
- Thursday, Sept. 12, 10 a.m. to noon, Chilson Recreation Center
- Friday, Sept. 13, noon to 2 p.m., Loveland Public Library
- Tuesday, Sept. 17, 10 a.m. to noon, Public Works Administration Building
- Thursday, Sept. 19, noon to 2 p.m., Maintenance Operations Center
- Friday, Sept. 20, 10 a.m. to noon, Chilson Recreation Center
Loveland Connect has built a record of success based on the national best-practice model called Project Homeless Connect, replicated in over 260 communities across the country.
More than 40 services in one location will be offered for the homeless or near homeless at the Loveland Connect event. The services provided are a symbol of the community coming together to send a message about assisting those who are most vulnerable.