Celebrating Energy Efficiency Day!
Today is Energy Efficiency Day and the staff at Loveland Water and Power want to help you discover ways to save money by saving energy.
Here are five things you can do to celebrate energy efficiency today:
- Sign up for a FREE home energy assessment. Loveland Water and Power customers are eligible for a no-cost home energy assessment through Larimer County Conservation Corps. During the assessment, a team of Corps members will inspect your home’s insulation, appliances, windows, toilets and heating/cooling system. They will also install appropriate efficiency measures such as LED light bulbs and water-efficient showerheads. Assessments begin in December but you should get on the waiting list now.
- Purchase a smart thermostat on the Efficiency Works Store. Smart thermostats help you save energy—and money—by creating a heating/cooling schedule for your home. Some even “learn” when you’re home and adjust the schedules accordingly. The EW Store has several models in stock with instant rebates. There is a smart thermostat for every budget (not to mention a sale going on!).
- Recycle your old refrigerator FREE and receive a double rebate for your new one. October is double rebate month for our refrigerator-recycling program. We will pick up your old refrigerator (it must be working—no exceptions) for free and give you $70 toward a new one. Call us at 970-962-3000 or schedule online today.
- Check out a watt reader kit from the Loveland Public Library. Test how efficient appliances and electronics in your home really are. The watt reader is a handy device that allows you to individually monitor the electric use and identify the high-energy users. The Library has five Watt Reader Kits available for customer use. Visit the library at 300 N. Adams Ave. or call 970-962-3000 for more info.
- Submit a photo for our Public Power Week photo contest. Have you upgraded your home lighting to LEDs or installed a new HVAC system lately? Show it off! Snap a picture and share it with us. You could win a prize worth $25!
For more information about energy efficiency programs at Loveland Water and Power, visit cityofloveland.org/SaveEnergy. Happy Energy Efficiency Day!