Contact: Tom Hacker, Public Information Officer, 962-2302
Policy on Use of City of Loveland’s Social Media Sites
Purpose of Loveland’s social media sites:
Loveland established its social media sites to provide its citizens with accurate, timely information concerning Loveland government operations and events, and to create a limited public forum for public discussion of Loveland government operations and events.
Loveland welcomes citizen participation on its social media sites. All comments and posts must relate to the original topic being discussed or to Loveland government operations and events. All comments and posts must follow general rules of respectful discourse. Commenters are solely responsible for the content of their comments and posts, which are in the public domain and may be archived and disclosed by Loveland in accordance with the Colorado Open Records Act. Loveland will post to and monitor discourse on its social media sites during regular business hours, Monday through Friday. Loveland reserves the right to remove comments and posts that:
• Do not relate to the original topic being discussed or to Loveland government operations or events.
• Use profane language, or attempts to convey profane language through the use of characters.
• Make personal attacks on an individual’s character or appearance, or engage in name-calling.
• Promote, foster, or perpetuate discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual identification or orientation, or national origin.
• Contain sexual content, or links to sexual content.
• Contain commercial solicitations or links to commercial solicitations.
• Conduct or encourage illegal activity.
• Contain content that could compromise the safety or security of the public, Loveland’s officials or employees, or public systems.
Loveland’s failure to remove any such comment or post shall not be construed as approval or endorsement of the content by Loveland, its officials, or employees.
Disclaimer concerning external comments and posts:
External comments and posts to Loveland’s social media sites do not reflect the opinions and policies of Loveland, its officials, or employees. Loveland is not responsible for the content of any external comment or post and expressly disclaims any liability for external comments and posts.
Questions concerning the use and operation of Loveland’s social media sites should be directed to the city’s Public Information Officer at email@example.com.