Frequently Asked Questions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Expand/Contract Questions and Answers

  • What is the City's originator ID/ACH Debit Block Number?

  • Will the city remind me when I need to file my sales tax return?

  • I sold and will deliver an item to someone that is claiming they are not located in the city limits of Loveland but has a Loveland address. How can I find out if this is true?

  • Does the City of Loveland have a business license?

  • Does my sales tax license expire?

  • Is there an annual renewal fee for my sales tax license?

  • I overpaid my taxes. How do I get a refund?

  • Is there a license required for having a garage sale? How many are allowed per year?

  • Is sales tax owed on the sale of tangible personal property?

  • If I have changes to my account, what should I do?

  • If I sell my business or discontinue my operations, what should I do?

  • Does the City have lodging tax?

  • Does the City tax food for home consumption?

  • Does the City have Motor Vehicle use tax?

  • Does the City have Construction use tax?

  • What happens if I fail to file a tax return on time?

  • What happens if the 20th of the month falls on a weekend or holiday?

  • Am I required to file a return if no tax is owed?

  • I received a failure to file notice, why?

  • Who do I remit my sales tax to?

  • How is sales tax remitted?

  • Does the City of Loveland have a vendor’s fee?

  • What is sales tax?

  • What if I am doing business from my home?

  • What is the fee for the sales tax license?

  • Is it necessary to register a business trade name?

  • Does the State of Colorado require a sales tax license?

  • What other licenses might I need?

  • Does a service only business need to have a City of Loveland license?

  • Who needs a sales tax license to do business in the City?

  • Can I file my sales tax returns online?

  • Can I apply for my sales tax license online?

  • What is the City of Loveland sales tax rate?

  • I would like to correct a previous return that has already been filed. How do I do that?