- Chilson Recreation & Senior Center - remains closed to the public; a reopening date is pending
- City playgrounds, park shelters, the Fitness Court, splash pads, Winona Pool & Lake Loveland Swim Beach remain closed until further notice
- Parks & Recreation administrative office remains closed to the public through June 14
- Loveland Burial Park offices remain closed. All cemetery business, operations and inquiries will be by APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please contact us at 970.962.2430 Monday - Friday between 8:00A - 4:00P to schedule an appointment or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reopening May 30
- Skate parks, inline hockey rink at Loveland Sports Park, dog parks, volleyball & basketball courts reopen May 30
- Picnic tables outside of park shelters
- Golf courses
- Trails and natural areas
- Tennis courts & pickleball courts
Things You CAN Do
ABDC Summer Camp for kids in grades K-6 is still running - Register now!
The perfect sport for social distancing. Check out our new all-ages tennis program!
Are your jeans getting too tight with all this staying at home?
Parks & Recreation may not be top of mind for everyone when thinking about essential services in a city.
But for us, we live and breathe public service every day. We’re always asking ourselves, How can we bring value to Loveland and create opportunities for everyone to live their best lives?
Our department unites people and creates a sense of community along the way. Each time you participate in a recreation activity, use our recreation trail, play in a park, explore open lands or swing a club at one of our golf courses, you are part of our community.
Our vision is to provide a sustainable system of diverse parks, trails, natural areas and facilities that connect people with the natural environment, support good health and offer outstanding community experiences while balancing recreation opportunities with the protection of natural and cultural resources.
We have something for everyone, and we’re here to serve. Thanks for being part of our community.
The mission of the City of Loveland Parks & Recreation Department is to provide effective, efficient and high-quality leisure facilities, sites, services and programs for citizens of and visitors to the community.
We embrace this mission through the three pillars of parks and recreation to make a positive impact on the quality of life: conservation, health & wellness and social equity.
Three Pillars of Parks & Recreation
Health & Wellness - Improving Health, Enhancing Life
Our staff are leaders in recreation, sports and nutrition and offer fitness, sports and nutrition lifestyle classes for people of all ages and abilities. They seek to reduce obesity, physical inactivity and poor nutrition while strengthening skills that enrich body, mind and attitude.
Conservation - Preserving Natural Resources
Oftentimes, parks and recreation agencies are the only voice for ensuring that open space is protected, our youth have access to nature-related areas and that services and outdoor education are available. These have quantifiable economic benefits to our community.
Social Equity - Access and Inclusion for All
We strive to be a catalyst for ensuring all residents have equal access to our resources and services. We offer opportunities that transcend barriers of income through outreach activities such as our mobile recreation trailer and movies in the park. We also provide scholarships via our Parks & Recreation Foundation.
Parks & Recreation Administrative Office
500 E. Third St., Suite 200
Loveland, CO 80537
The City of Loveland Parks & Recreation Department is comprised of five divisions.
Follow Us on Social Media
- Facebook - @CityofLovelandParksRecreation @CityofLovelandChilsonCenter @CityofLovelandFarmersMarket
- Instagram - @lovelandparksandrec
Subscribe to Our Email Newsletter
Get all the latest Parks & Recreation news and events delivered to your inbox about once a month. Subscribe now.