Updated 6.22.20 - subscribe to the Parks & Recreation email newsletter to stay informed
- Limited areas of Chilson Recreation Center, some by appointment - view Chilson hours and information
- City playgrounds
- Splash parks at Loveland Sports Park and Fairgrounds Park; water feature at Mehaffey Park; hours are 10:00A - 5:00P 7 days per week
- Outdoor Fitness Court
- Skate parks, inline hockey rink at Loveland Sports Park, dog parks, volleyball & basketball courts
- Picnic tables outside of park shelters
- Golf courses
- Trails and natural areas
- Tennis courts & pickleball courts
- Park shelters (also called park pavilions) - We encourage groups of 10 people or fewer at one time. Those with reservations of 11-50 will need a variance approved by the Larimer County Department of Public Health and Environment (request a variance online here). The maximum group size at all park shelters is 50 people regardless of the size and capacity of the shelter. Info on park shelter reservations
- Lake Loveland Swim Beach - Hours are 10:30A - 5:30P seven days per week, weather and staff levels permitting. Reservations are not required.
- Chilson Senior Center remains closed; a reopening date is still pending
- Winona Pool remains closed until further notice
- We are still working toward a reopening date for Winona Outdoor Pool. We'll communicate that date as soon as we can.
- Loveland Burial Park offices remain closed. Drop-in visitation to grave sites is allowed. All cemetery business, operations and inquiries will be by APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please contact us at 970.962.2430 Monday - Friday between 8:00A - 4:00P to schedule an appointment or email us: email@example.com
Things You CAN Do
Lose Your Quarantine 15
Parks & Recreation may not be top of mind for everyone when thinking about essential services in a city.
But for us, we live and breathe public service every day. We’re always asking ourselves, How can we bring value to Loveland and create opportunities for everyone to live their best lives?
Our department unites people and creates a sense of community along the way. Each time you participate in a recreation activity, use our recreation trail, play in a park, explore open lands or swing a club at one of our golf courses, you are part of our community.
Our vision is to provide a sustainable system of diverse parks, trails, natural areas and facilities that connect people with the natural environment, support good health and offer outstanding community experiences while balancing recreation opportunities with the protection of natural and cultural resources.
We have something for everyone, and we’re here to serve. Thanks for being part of our community.
The mission of the City of Loveland Parks & Recreation Department is to provide effective, efficient and high-quality leisure facilities, sites, services and programs for citizens of and visitors to the community.
We embrace this mission through the three pillars of parks and recreation to make a positive impact on the quality of life: conservation, health & wellness and social equity.
Three Pillars of Parks & Recreation
Health & Wellness - Improving Health, Enhancing Life
Our staff are leaders in recreation, sports and nutrition and offer fitness, sports and nutrition lifestyle classes for people of all ages and abilities. They seek to reduce obesity, physical inactivity and poor nutrition while strengthening skills that enrich body, mind and attitude.
Conservation - Preserving Natural Resources
Oftentimes, parks and recreation agencies are the only voice for ensuring that open space is protected, our youth have access to nature-related areas and that services and outdoor education are available. These have quantifiable economic benefits to our community.
Social Equity - Access and Inclusion for All
We strive to be a catalyst for ensuring all residents have equal access to our resources and services. We offer opportunities that transcend barriers of income through outreach activities such as our mobile recreation trailer and movies in the park. We also provide scholarships via our Parks & Recreation Foundation.
Parks & Recreation Administrative Office
500 E. Third St., Suite 200
Loveland, CO 80537
The City of Loveland Parks & Recreation Department is comprised of five divisions.
Follow Us on Social Media
- Facebook - @CityofLovelandParksRecreation @CityofLovelandChilsonCenter @CityofLovelandFarmersMarket
- Instagram - @lovelandparksandrec
Subscribe to Our Email Newsletter
Get all the latest Parks & Recreation news and events delivered to your inbox about once a month. Subscribe now.