Updated 6.5.20 - subscribe to the Parks & Recreation email newsletter for news delivered straight to your inbox
The Chilson Senior Center wing remains closed. A reopening date has not yet been identified. The Chilson Recreation Center wing reopened on June 15 at 30% capacity and with modified business hours.
Stay healthy at home and connect with us online!
Register for our new virtual fitness classes - FREE for SilverSneakers & Renew Active members!
Chilson Senior Center
700 E. Fourth St.
Loveland, CO 80537
General Information: 970.962.2783
Program Coordinator: 970.962.2428
Hours - Currently CLOSED due to COVID-19
Monday - Friday 8:00A - 5:00P
Saturday & Sunday - CLOSED
Drop-in billiards from September - May are Saturdays only from 9:00A - 12:00P
- Senior Activity Card (SAC) holders have priority day trip registration June 30 - July 7; during this time trips are not open to online registration
- Day trip registration opens to all adults (18+) on July 8
View upcoming senior trips and activities plus registration info in our activity guide.
Spa Services Information - Call 970.962.2098
Medically Based Nail Care
with Patti Krkosa, RN
Nail Care Appointments - Call 720.442.2615
Fingernail Care $12
Toenail Care $45
You May Need Foot Care If You Have:
- Difficulty reaching your feet
- Visual impairments
- Diabetes, MS, Parkinson’s, arthritis
- Difficulty holding nail clippers
- Hip or knee replacement
- Fungal or thick nails
- Ingrown toenails
- Painful corns or calluses
Enjoy the Benefits of Foot Care:
- Improves foot comfort
- Helps prevent ingrown nails
- Improves posture
- Helps relieve split nails
- Overall improved appearance
with Joyce Meis, CMT 970.691.3441
Appointments should be made 24 hours in advance by calling the individual therapist. Please check in at the Senior Center front desk 15 minutes prior to your appointment.
Plan your schedule carefully - if you need to cancel, please call 24 hours in advance, or you may be subject to a $5 cancellation fee.
- Wednesday 9:30A - 7:00P
- Thursday 4:00 - 7:00P
- Friday 9:30A - 12:00P
- Saturday (second and fourth Saturdays only) 9:30A - 12:00P
Meet Our Therapist
Joyce graduated from the Fort Collins Healing Arts Institute in January 2000. Joyce specializes in therapeutic, deep tissue, Swedish, prenatal and chair massage. She also provides the mini-spa service. Call 970.691.3441 for an appointment.
Our Massage Therapy Program Features
- Spa Treatments - In this 30-minute treatment enjoy a foot bath with foaming cleanser; a warm paraffin hand dip/wrap; and a shoulder, arm and scalp massage with moisturizing lotions. Soothing music completes the relaxing experience.
- Deep Tissue
- Injury Recovery|Pain Management
- Sports Massage
- Prenatal|Postpartum Massage
Benefits of Massage
- Helps relieve stress, reduces anxiety and improves posture
- Relieves muscle tension and stiffness
- Increases joint flexibility and range of motion
- Improves circulation
- Speeds recovery after a hard workout or an injury
- Increases body awareness
- 30-minute massage $35
- 60-minute massage $65
- 90-minute massage $90
- Mini-Spa 30 minutes $45
- Chair massage $1/minute
- Lobby chair massage $1/minute - 2nd & 4th Tuesday only from 9:00A - 12:00P | Drop-in & sign up for a time
- All it takes is a few minutes of neck, shoulder and back massage to release tight, sore muscles and relax. Chair massage fees are $1 per minute and you remain fully clothed while sitting down for a massage. Specify at the time of scheduling as to how many minutes you would like.
Gift certificates for all services are available at the Chilson Senior Center front desk. Give the gift of luxury all throughout the year!
Please note that the information provided below may be affected by changes made in response to Covid-19. Please contact the Chilson Senior Center for more information.
Loveland Senior DancesThese are held the second and fourth Mondays of each month from 7:00-10:00pm. Music is provided by live bands. Refreshments are served at all dances. All ages are welcome! Cost: $5.00 per person, or $4.50 with Senior Activity Card (SAC). Call the Senior Center for a complete schedule at 970.962.2783
Dance ClassesThe Senior Center offers line dance, tap dance and ballroom dance classes each season. View the activity guide for dance class info.
Health and Wellness ProgramsMany educational Health and Wellness programs are offered in conjunction with The Seasons Club at McKee Medical Center and The Aspen Club at Poudre Valley Hospital. "The Nurse Is In" is held once a month - a brief 10 minute visit with a Registered Nurse that offers blood pressure/pulse checks, and healthy lifestyle information.
Many fun, educational, social and outdoor day trips are offered through the year. The Active Generation Day Trip/Extended Travel pages of the Activity Guide offer full listings of the travel opportunities each season at the Chilson Recreation and Senior Center. Day Trip Policies
Volunteers Of America (VOA) Lunch Program
A healthy meal is served to those who are 60+ and their spouses at the Chilson Senior Center every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday at 12:00 noon. Sponsored by the VOA Senior Nutrition Program for a suggested donation of $2.50. Monthly entertainment is provided.
Reservations are required. Please call 970.472.9630 by 1:30 p.m. the previous day.
Check-in for lunch is from 11:30 -11:45A at the Chilson Senior Center.
Golden Age Cards and GamesThe card group meets every Monday from 12:00 - 3:30P.
- Fishing Club meets the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 2:00P
- National Association of Retired Federal Employees (NARFE) meets the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 1:30P (September-May)
- Chilson Senior Advisory Committee (CSAC) Senior Advisory Board Meetings & Information
- Rhythm Singers meets the last Tuesday of every month at 2:00P (September-May)
For the most current fee information, see Chilson Hours & Fees.
Senior Activity Cards (SACs)
- Priority registration
- Discounted fees
- Reduced admission fees to our dances
- Attend many FREE programs
Anyone age 62 and over can purchase a card. The SAC currently costs $20 and is valid for one year. Please refer to listings that have discounts for SAC denoted with a diamond in the Activity Guide.
St Patrick’s Day LuncheonHelp with decorating, serving food, cleaning up
Help with serving food, coffee setup, washing dishes
Pancake Breakfast & Plant SaleHelp with plant sale, serving food, cleaning tables, mixing/cooking pancakes, washing dishes
Senior Dances - Ongoing2nd & 4th Monday of each month, 5:00-9:30P
Help with setting up, organizing & serving refreshments, cleaning up
Use the state-of-the art fitness equipment at the Chilson Recreation Center including a variety of exercise equipment, cardio theatre, free weight area, exercise track, cycling and aerobic studio. Sign up now for one-on-one time with a personal trainer!
SilverSneakers® and Renew Active classes including Cardio Circuit, CardioFit, YogaStretch, and Muscular Strength and Range of Movement (MSROM), and a variety of fitness classes including Senior Cycling, Strength Training, and Zumba Gold.
Individual use or choose from many aquatic fitness classes for the beginning to the advanced exercise
Lifestyle change and support - with a nutritional focus! The Fitness/Wellness pages of the Activity Guide offer full listings of the fitness opportunities each season at the Chilson Recreation and Senior Center.
There are many classes including watercolor, dance, educational seminars, Tai Chi, meditation and more offered throughout the year. They are listed in the Activity Guide.
Sports for Seniors
- 2 gymnasiums are available for individual drop-in use, half court and full court basketball games, and individual or drop-in volleyball games.
- Pickleball open play is offered from September - May on courts marked especially for pickleball use. Pickleball beginning skills classes are also offered.
- Senior volleyball drop-In, clinics and Colorado Senior Volleyball league play is available.
- Table tennis drop-in is available several times a week.
- Wii Play is offered from September-May.
- Bocce ball league - see front desk or view the activity guide for details
SilverSneakers® & Renew Active®
Make the most of your SilverSneakers and RenewActive passes at Chilson Recreation & Senior Center. These passes let you participate in drop-in fitness classes as well as use the fitness & weight equipment, exercise track, gym, racquetball courts, swimming pools, hot tubs, steam room and locker rooms.
Your pass provides access to over 70 group exercise classes each week! Pick up a copy of the Active Generation, Aqua Fitness and Cardio & Core class schedules at the front desk.
Fitness Equipment Orientation - Want to exercise on your own? Our personal trainers can show you how to safely use the fitness equipment. Call to schedule an orientation with one of our trainers.
Lisa Foncannon 970.962.2630 ext. 6; Amy Genger 970.962.2630 ext. 2; Todd Grauvogl 970.962.2630 ext. 5
Passes & Class Enrollment - Call Janeen Stubbs at 970.962.2048 or Sharon Steinman at 970.962.2464
Finding a Fitness Class That’s Right for You - Call Julie Gallagher, Adapted Recreation Coordinator at 970.962.2462
General Questions - Call Elaine Brush, Senior Advisor at 970.962.2452
The Board serves as coordinating agency for senior services and activities and maintains communications with local, state, and federal government agencies concerning senior citizens. The Board also assists the senior citizens in the Loveland area to live full and interesting lives, so that they might continue to contribute, participate and share in the life of the community. Additionally, the board’s responsibilities include (1) to serve as coordinating agency for senior services and activities; (2) to assess, publicize and support present senior services and activities in the community; (3) to investigate and evaluate requests for new senior citizen services and activities; (4) to plan, initiate, develop and encourage new senior citizen programs as need is indicated; and (5) to establish and maintain communications with local, state and federal government agencies concerning senior citizens.
|Mary Ann Goldsmith||Richard Hansen|
|Linda Aron||Richard Zlamany|
|Commission NOMINATED Members|
|Anne Brown||Donita Fogle|
|Karol Stroschein||Jason Morgan|
|Patti Welfare, Vice Chair||Vacant|
|Liaison Contact Information|
|Jackie Marsh||LeAnn Williams|
|City Council Liaison||Staff Liaison|
Minutes and agendas can be found on the Boards & Commissions Calendar for the previous two years. To find this specific board or commission agendas or minutes, please click here.
Meeting minutes beyond two years are available upon request. To request a copy, please click here to email us.
Further Senior Advisory Board Information
There are documents and handouts which provide further information you may be interested in. You may choose to print out these documents or save them to your own files for future reference. Please view these documents: