We're improving the parking lots at Chilson Rec Center and Senior Center on the following dates, weather permitting:
Nov. 7-9 front half of main lot
Nov. 12-13 back half of main lot
Nov. 14-16 senior center lot
Thank you for your patience as we work to improve these surface areas.
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday - CLOSED
Drop-In Billiards from September - May are Saturdays only from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
700 E. Fourth St.
Loveland, CO 80537
General Information: 970.962.2783
Program Coordinator: 970.962.2428
Spa Services Line: 970.962.2098
Do you have questions about senior services, transportation, housing etc.? Call the Senior Information & Resource Line 970.962.2694
Medically Based Foot Care
with Cynthia Soguero, RN, CFCN: 970.443.8494
Therapeutic Massage Appointments
with Joyce Meis, CMT 970.691.3441
with Gay Koopman, LMP 970.420.0505
View upcoming senior trips and activities in our Activity Guide.
Join us for a social afternoon centered around coffee, treats and discussions of the past, present and future. This fun monthly gathering in collaboration with Thrive Loveland and I Love Loveland is an opportunity to become more connected to one another through our life stories. Special guests may be featured, and younger groups occasionally will be invited to explore inner-generational community connections.
FREE! Meets in the Oak Room from 1:30 - 3:00pm in the following dates:
- November 6 - Inner-generational show & tell with kids from our Small Fries Preschool
- December 4 - How Are the Holidays for You Now?
- January 8 - Intention Setting for 2019 (make your own vision board)
- February 5 - What’s the Most Impactful Relationship You’ve Ever Had?
- March 5 - Oh, The Places You've Been
- April 2 - What Do You Enjoy Doing Now?
- May 7 - Celebrating the Future (inner-generational celebration)
Ugly Sweater Holiday Luncheon - Dec. 12Join us at the Chilson Senior Center for an ugly sweater holiday lunch! Ages 18+
Enjoy lunch, entertainment and prizes!
Cost: $13 ($11 with Senior Activity Card)
Registration required at the front desk or online! Activity # 495016
Call 970.962.2783 for more info.
More Senior Center Info
For the most current fee information, see Chilson Hours & Fees.
Senior Activity Cards (SACs)
- Priority Registration
- Benefit #2 Discounted Fees
- Benefit #3 Reduced Admission fees to our dances
- Benefit #4 Attend Many FREE programs
Anyone age 62 and over can purchase a card. The SAC currently costs $20 and is valid for one year. Please refer to listings that have discounts for SAC denoted with a diamond in the Activity Guide.
Use the state-of-the art fitness equipment in the Recreation Center including a variety of exercise equipment, cardio theatre, free weight area, exercise track, cycling and aerobic studio. Sign up now for one-on-one time with a personal trainer!
SilverSneakers® classes including Cardio Circuit, CardioFit, YogaStretch, and Muscular Strength and Range of Movement (MSROM), and a variety of fitness classes including Senior Cycling, Strength Training, and Zumba Gold.
Individual use or choose from many aquatic fitness classes for the beginning to the advanced exercise
Lifestyle change and support - with a nutritional focus! The Fitness/Wellness pages of the Activity Guide offer full listings of the fitness opportunities each season at the Chilson Recreation and Senior Center.
There are many classes including Crafty Seniors, Self Defense for seniors, Tai Chi, Meditation and MORE offered throughout the year. They are listed in the Activity Guide.
Sports for Seniors
- 2 gymnasiums are available for individual drop-in use, half court and full court basketball games, and individual or drop-in volleyball games.
- Pickleball open play is offered from September- May on courts marked especially for pickleball use. Pickleball beginning skills classes are also offered.
- Senior volleyball drop-In, clinics and Colorado Senior Volleyball league play is available.
- Table tennis drop-in is available several times a week.
- Wii Play is offered from September-May.
- Rocky Mountain Senior Games - Our athletes participate in the Annual Rocky Mountain Senior Games (RMSG) held in Greeley.
Loveland Senior DancesThese are held the second and fourth Mondays of each month, from 7:00-10:00pm. Music is provided by live bands. Refreshments are served at all dances. All ages are welcome! Call the Senior Center for a complete schedule.
Dance ClassesThe Senior Center offers Line Dance, Tap Dance and Ballroom Dance classes each season.
Health and Wellness ProgramsMany educational Health and Wellness programs are offered in conjunction with The Seasons Club at McKee Medical Center and The Aspen Club at Poudre Valley Hospital. "The Nurse Is In" is held once a month - a brief 10 minute visit with a Registered Nurse that offers blood pressure/pulse checks, and healthy lifestyle information.
Day TripsMany fun, educational, social and outdoor day trips are offered through the year. The Active Generation Day Trip/Extended Travel pages of the Activity Guide offer full listings of the travel opportunities each season at the Chilson Recreation and Senior Center. Day Trip Policies
Volunteers of America (VOA) Lunch Program
A healthy meal is served at the Senior Center on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday at 12:00 noon by the VOA Senior Nutrition Program to those who are 60+ and their spouses, for a suggested donation of $2.50. Monthly entertainment.
Reservations are required. Please call 970.472.9630 by 1:00pm the previous day. See the VOA web link for the latest menu.
Golden Age Cards and GamesThe card group meets every Monday from 12:30-3:30 pm
- Golden “K” Kiwanis Meeting meets every Wednesday at 9:30 am
- Fishing Club meets the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 2:00pm
- National Association of Retired Federal Employees (NARFE) meets the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 1:30pm (September-May)
- Chilson Senior Advisory Committee (CSAC) Senior Advisory Board Meetings & Information
- Rhythm Singers meets the last Tuesday of every month at 2:00pm (September-May)