Loveland Parks & Recreation Low Income Fee Policy
View the recreation assistance brochure in English (PDF) or the recreation assistance brochure in Spanish (espanol) (PDF)
Individuals or families wishing to apply for the low income rate for specific facilities and programs should complete an application as a client of one of the following agencies:
- House of Neighborly Service
- 1511 E. 11th St, Loveland, CO 80537
- Loveland Housing Authority
- 375 W. 37th St., Loveland, CO 80538
- Project Self Sufficiency (single parent families - financial aid to children only)
- 375 West 37th Street, Suite 150, Loveland, CO 80538
To qualify, applicants must:
- Reside within Loveland City Limits (all participants, no exceptions) - Applicants and family members must have resided with the City Limits for at least 30 continuous days from the date of application, with the address as their only residence.
- Meet gross income levels, which meet 125% of Federal Poverty Levels. The guidelines are provided to the qualifying agencies listed above, and will be reviewed when an application is received.
- Applicants must complete & return the Affidavit Pursuant to C.R.S. 24-76.5-103 *
Pre-qualification will be the sole responsibility of the above agencies with the final approval tendered by the Loveland Parks & Recreation Department.
Applicants receiving pre-approval from one of the above agencies will be issued an approval form certifying qualification. The original form along with the signed affidavit should be mailed or faxed to the Chilson Recreation Center. The yellow copy of the form is given to the applicant to be presented to the Clerk at the Chilson Center front desk for reduced rates on specific facilities/classes. Applications will be approved for reduced rates at the Chilson Center once the original copy and affidavit has been received directly from the qualifying agency (usually within 2-3 days). Parks & Recreation staff will also verify residency prior to issuing the final determination/award.
Once qualified, applicants must re-qualify on a 6-month basis.
Low Income Rates for Chilson Recreation Center
- With pre-qualification: 50% discount on 6-month Chilson pass
- With pre-qualification and purchase of a 6-month ID card (available for $1.00 per card holder) the discounted daily feeapplies (current fees provided at time of application).
- Low Income Rates for some (but not all) recreation classes are also available. For more information on Low Income Rates, call the Chilson Recreation Center at 970.962.2383. Low Income Discounts will NOT be applied to special offers and/or other Department discounts. Note: Minimum enrollments must be met before Low Income Rates are accepted.
The City of Loveland and the Loveland Parks & Recreation Department reserves the right to cancel any Low Income Qualification for non-compliance with established City and Departmental policies, regulations, and rules. Any individual or family member that is suspended from use of City facilities for any reason, can jeopardize the low income fee qualification for the entire family.
*Pursuant to Colorado HB-1023, natural persons over the age of 18 who are contracting with or receiving “public benefits” from the City of Loveland are required to prove their lawful presence in the United States by executing an affidavit and by presenting certain types of approved identification. Pre-qualifying agencies are requested to submit a signed affidavit form and proof of lawful presence along with the original copy of the application form for our records. If only the children in a family qualify, please note that on the application form. Failure to provide required documentation will cause the application to be rejected.