Chilson Senior Center
700 E. Fourth St.
Loveland, CO 80537
General Information: 970.962.2783
Program Coordinator: 970.962.2428
Spa Services Line: 970.962.2098
Monday - Friday 8:00A - 5:00P
Saturday & Sunday - CLOSED
Drop-in billiards from September - May are Saturdays only from 9:00A - 12:00P
View upcoming senior trips and activities in our Activity Guide.
Meets from 11:30A - 12:45P in the Chilson Center Party Room. You must get a copy of the book on your own - most titles available at the Loveland Public Library. This is a free drop-in activity.
Sept. 30 - The Altogether Unexpected Disappearance of Atticus Craftsman by Mamen Sanchez
Oct. 28 - The Lying Game by Ruth Ware
Nov. 25 - Rules of Civility by Amor Towles
Dec. 30 - The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri
Spa Services Information - Call 970.962.2098
Medically Based Foot Care
with Patti Krkosa, RN
Appointments - Call 303.651.5224
Fingernail Care $12
Toenail Care $45
You May Need Foot Care If You Have:
- Difficulty reaching your feet
- Visual impairments
- Diabetes, MS, Parkinson’s, arthritis
- Difficulty holding nail clippers
- Hip or knee replacement
- Fungal or thick nails
- Ingrown toenails
- Painful corns or calluses
Enjoy the Benefits of Foot Care:
- Improves foot comfort
- Helps prevent ingrown nails
- Improves posture
- Helps relieve split nails
- Overall improved appearance
with Joyce Meis, CMT 970.691.3441
with Gay Koopman, LMP 970.420.0505
Appointments should be made 24 hours in advance by calling the individual therapist. Please check in at the Senior Center front desk 15 minutes prior to your appointment.
Plan your schedule carefully - if you need to cancel, please call 24 hours in advance, or you may be subject to a $5 cancellation fee.
Appointment Hours - Joyce
- Wednesday 9:30A - 7:00P
- Thursday 4:00 - 7:00P
- Friday 9:30A - 12:00P
- Saturday (second and fourth Saturdays only) 9:30A - 12:00P
Appointment Hours - Gay
- Monday 10:00A - 4:30P
- Tuesday 1:45 - 7:00P
Meet Our Therapists
Joyce graduated from the Fort Collins Healing Arts Institute in January 2000. Joyce specializes in therapeutic, deep tissue, Swedish, prenatal and chair massage. She also provides the mini-spa service. Call 970.691.3441 for an appointment.
Gay Koopman, LMT, BCTMB, CMLDT
Gay is a licensed and board certified massage therapist. She is trained in St. John Neuromuscular Massage Therapy, Manual Lymphatic Drainage and Kinesio Taping, and is a student of the Masgutova Method. With 28+ years’ experience, Gay specializes in injury and pain management, sports massage, prenatal/postpartum health and children with special needs. Call 970.420.0505 for an appointment.
Our Massage Therapy Program Features
- Spa Treatments - In this 30-minute treament enjoy a foot bath with foaming cleanser; a warm paraffin hand dip/wrap; and a shoulder, arm and scalp massage with moisturizing lotions. Soothing music completes the relaxing experience.
- Deep Tissue
- Injury Recovery|Pain Management
- Sports Massage
- Prenatal|Postpartum Massage
Benefits of Massage
- Helps relieve stress, reduces anxiety and improves posture
- Relieves muscle tension and stiffness
- Increases joint flexibility and range of motion
- Improves circulation
- Speeds recovery after a hard workout or an injury
- Increases body awareness
- 30-minute massage $35
- 60-minute massage $65
- 90-minute massage $90
- Mini-Spa 30 minutes $45
- Chair massage $1/minute
- Lobby chair massage $1/minute - 2nd & 4th Tuesday only from 9:00A - 12:00P | Drop-in & sign up for a time
- All it takes is a few minutes of neck, shoulder and back massage to release tight, sore muscles and relax. Chair massage fees are $1 per minute and you remain fully clothed while sitting down for a massage. Specify at the time of scheduling as to how many minutes you would like.
Gift certificates for all services are available at the Chilson Senior Center front desk. Give the gift of luxury all throughout the year!
Loveland Senior DancesThese are held the second and fourth Mondays of each month, from 7:00-10:00pm. Music is provided by live bands. Refreshments are served at all dances. All ages are welcome! Call the Senior Center for a complete schedule.
Dance ClassesThe Senior Center offers Line Dance, Tap Dance and Ballroom Dance classes each season.
Health and Wellness ProgramsMany educational Health and Wellness programs are offered in conjunction with The Seasons Club at McKee Medical Center and The Aspen Club at Poudre Valley Hospital. "The Nurse Is In" is held once a month - a brief 10 minute visit with a Registered Nurse that offers blood pressure/pulse checks, and healthy lifestyle information.
Day TripsMany fun, educational, social and outdoor day trips are offered through the year. The Active Generation Day Trip/Extended Travel pages of the Activity Guide offer full listings of the travel opportunities each season at the Chilson Recreation and Senior Center. Day Trip Policies
Volunteers of America (VOA) Lunch Program
A healthy meal is served at the Senior Center on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday at 12:00 noon by the VOA Senior Nutrition Program to those who are 60+ and their spouses, for a suggested donation of $2.50. Monthly entertainment.
Reservations are required. Please call 970.472.9630 by 1:00pm the previous day. See the VOA web link for the latest menu.
Golden Age Cards and GamesThe card group meets every Monday from 12:30-3:30 pm
- Golden “K” Kiwanis Meeting meets every Wednesday at 9:30 am
- Fishing Club meets the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 2:00pm
- National Association of Retired Federal Employees (NARFE) meets the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 1:30pm (September-May)
- Chilson Senior Advisory Committee (CSAC) Senior Advisory Board Meetings & Information
- Rhythm Singers meets the last Tuesday of every month at 2:00pm (September-May)
For the most current fee information, see Chilson Hours & Fees.
Senior Activity Cards (SACs)
- Priority Registration
- Benefit #2 Discounted Fees
- Benefit #3 Reduced Admission fees to our dances
- Benefit #4 Attend Many FREE programs
Anyone age 62 and over can purchase a card. The SAC currently costs $20 and is valid for one year. Please refer to listings that have discounts for SAC denoted with a diamond in the Activity Guide.
St Patrick’s Day LuncheonFriday, March 15, 10:30A-2:00PHelp with decorating, serving food, cleaning up
VIVA Theater - Love Letters
Wednesday, April 3, 1:00-4:30P
Help with serving food, coffee setup, washing dishes
Pancake Breakfast & Plant SaleSaturday, April 13, 7:00A-1:30P
Help with plant sale, serving food, cleaning tables, mixing/cooking pancakes, washing dishes
Senior Dances - Ongoing2nd & 4th Monday of each month, 5:00-9:30P
Help with setting up, organizing & serving refreshments, cleaning up
Use the state-of-the art fitness equipment in the Recreation Center including a variety of exercise equipment, cardio theatre, free weight area, exercise track, cycling and aerobic studio. Sign up now for one-on-one time with a personal trainer!
SilverSneakers® classes including Cardio Circuit, CardioFit, YogaStretch, and Muscular Strength and Range of Movement (MSROM), and a variety of fitness classes including Senior Cycling, Strength Training, and Zumba Gold.
Individual use or choose from many aquatic fitness classes for the beginning to the advanced exercise
Lifestyle change and support - with a nutritional focus! The Fitness/Wellness pages of the Activity Guide offer full listings of the fitness opportunities each season at the Chilson Recreation and Senior Center.
There are many classes including Crafty Seniors, Self Defense for seniors, Tai Chi, Meditation and MORE offered throughout the year. They are listed in the Activity Guide.
Sports for Seniors
- 2 gymnasiums are available for individual drop-in use, half court and full court basketball games, and individual or drop-in volleyball games.
- Pickleball open play is offered from September- May on courts marked especially for pickleball use. Pickleball beginning skills classes are also offered.
- Senior volleyball drop-In, clinics and Colorado Senior Volleyball league play is available.
- Table tennis drop-in is available several times a week.
- Wii Play is offered from September-May.
- Rocky Mountain Senior Games - Our athletes participate in the Annual Rocky Mountain Senior Games (RMSG) held in Greeley.