Parks & Recreation Master Plan 2014 (includes the Open Lands Plan)
The Parks & Recreation Department has revised the Master Plan, which includes the current Open Lands Plan. The document can be found online here: MASTER PLAN 2014
HISTORICAL - Open Lands Plan 2003
On February 18th, 2003 the Loveland City Council approved an amendment to the 1994 Comprehensive Master Plan regarding an update to the City's Open Lands Plan.
The 2003 Open Lands Plan focuses on the protection of a system of inter-connected natural areas, viewsheds, and agricultural lands, mostly within the City's Growth Management Area (GMA). The Big Thompson River Corridor remains at the core of the open lands system.
The Open Lands Plan is available here: Open Lands Plan 2003 (PDF)
The following maps are full size.
They are referenced in the Open Lands Plan 2003:
- Page 12 - Existing Open Lands & Natural Resources (1122k PDF)
- Page 13 - Big Thompson River Corridor (west) (856k PDF)
- Page 14 - Big Thompson River Corridor (east) (781k PDF)
- Page 15 - Proposed Developments (December 2002) (1129k PDF)
- Page 23 - Priority Areas (4350k PDF)