The City of Loveland Parks & Recreation Department works closely with the State of Colorado to provide fishing information and resources to the public.
Fish are stocked in many of the area lakes and reservoirs by the State of Colorado - Parks & Wildlife Division each year.
The following City of Loveland locations list fishing as one of their amenities. Many of them allow fishing only from the shore, while others allow fishing from the Big Thompson River for fly fishing, etc.
- Centennial Park (from the river banks)
- Fairgrounds Park (river access at the Plaza area)
- Jayhawker Ponds (fishing dock; pond shores)
- North Lake Park (from the lake's shore; or fishing dock at the Duck Pond)
- South Shore Parkway (from the lake's shore)
- Viestenz-Smith Mountain Park (from the south river banks)
There are also numerous lakes and reservoirs in the Loveland area which are owned & operated by the State of Colorado, or Larimer County. Please contact each of those agencies directly for further information.
Note: Fishing reports are prepared manually by Sportsman's Warehouse.