401 W. 13th St.
Loveland, CO 80537
Located at the corner of Grant St. & W. Eisenhower Blvd. across from the south shore of Lake Loveland and South Shore Parkway
Many people who are long-time residents of Loveland know this park as other names. At one time, it was called Lakeside Park. Many also affectionately call it Cannon Park because of the large cannon that is on display near the playground area.
- 3 Shelters (each seats 48; reservable for up to 50 people each)
- Six 8' foot Tables
- Six Electrical Outlets at #1 & #2; Four at #3
- Two Small Grills at #1 & #2
- One Large Grill at #3
- Basketball Courts
- Tennis Courts
- Horseshoe Pits
- Sculpture/Veterans Memorials
- Drinking Fountain
- Handicap Accessible
- Restrooms (flush)
To make your reservation, please stop by the Parks & Recreation Administration Office located at 500 E. Third St. Suite 200 during regular business hours of Monday-Friday 8:00A - 4:30P.
You may also choose to reserve this facility ONLINE through WebTrac Online Facility Reservations.
Please Note: Alcohol permits are not honored at Dwayne Webster Veterans Park for the 4th of July.
Dwayne Webster Veteran's Park has a very rich history. Over Memorial Day weekend in 2013, some of the story was published in the Loveland Reporter Herald. They state this information, which may be helpful for readers:
Dwayne Webster Memorial
In the fall of 1940, Loveland's Harold Dwayne Webster was 17 years old and a Loveland High School senior. He persuaded his father to let him join the Navy, which he did on Dec. 7, 1940.
One year later, Seaman 2nd Class Webster was serving at Pearl Harbor, where he became Loveland's first casualty in the attack that drew the United States into World War II.
Lakeside Park was renamed Dwayne Webster Veterans Park in his honor. The plaque at the park reads, "Killed in action on December 7, 1941, while serving on the Battleship USS Arizona at Pearl Harbor, territory of Hawaii. Entombed in the USS Arizona. First native of Loveland to lose his life in World War II. 'Remember Pearl Harbor.'"
The Loveland Visual Arts Commission, City Parks & Recreation Department and Associated Veterans worked together in 2005 to construct this newest memorial, which represents veterans from World War II to present day.
A sculpture of a rifle with a helmet resting on the butt -- titled "Some Gave All" and sculpted by James Muir -- is mounted on a pedestal. Four of the five sides are engraved with the names of service members who died in action and who listed Loveland as their home of record. Two of the most recent names added are Justin Bauer and Isaac Palomarez.
The bricks that lead up to the memorial can be purchased by the public. The red bricks contain the names of veterans both living and deceased. The ivory bricks are the names of non-veteran supporters. Call Tony DuMosch at 970.290.7411 or email email@example.com to purchase a brick.
Further information about memorials in Loveland may be found at the Loveland Burial Park & Lakeside Cemetery.