CLOSURE: The river plaza at Fairgrounds Park is closed until further notice due to unsafe, fast and rising water in the Big Thompson River.
700 S. Railroad Ave.
Loveland, CO 80537
(Located at the old Larimer County Fairgrounds location)
Sundays 9:00A - 1:00P June thru September
How to get to Fairgrounds Park in Loveland
The address is 700 S. Railroad Avenue. Railroad Ave. also is called S. Roosevelt Ave. Fairgrounds Park is located southwest of the Big Thompson River, south of First St. and west of Highway 287. The park's playground and pavillions are located directly west and across the river from Barnes Park and the Barnes Softball Complex and Batting Cages.
- 2 large pavilions (seating for up to 200 each);
Pavilions are reservable through WebTrac online (for ¼ and ½ areas only). In-person reservations at the Parks & Recreation Administration Office are required for the whole pavilion areas. Please visit us at 500 E. Third St., Suite 200 in Loveland. Call 970.962.2727 for availability.
- Maximum capacity 250 per pavilion
- Pavilion dimensions 60'w x 100' l
- Pavilion 1 may be split into ½ pavilion areas (1A or 1B)
- Pavilion 2 may be split into ½ pavilion areas or ¼ pavilion areas to accommodate smaller group reservations (2A, 2B, 2A1, 2A2, 2B1, or 2B2)
- Picnic tables & handicap accessible tables (marked tables allotted for each area)
- 3 large grills at each pavilion
- Electrical outlets
- 1 pavilion/tot lot play area
NON-Reservable. Tables MUST be kept available for drop-in users at all times, and may not be blocked. This area is meant for parents to supervise their children in the Tot-Lot AND in the Spray Park area. Please make a reservation for a Pavilion area at the north end of the park if you are planning to have a group/gathering and need dedicated table spaces.
- 1 picnic shelter (near skate/basketball)
- Fitness Court
- Park areas
- Dog park (large and small/shy dog areas - off leash)
- Basketball courts
- Skate park
- Spray park/playground (seasonal; Memorial Day-Labor Day)
- Playgrounds (2)
- Fishing (Big Thompson River fishing access)
View fishing reports
- River plaza
- Recreation trail/trailheads
- Solar-powered air pump (on Recreation Trail)
- Batting cages & baseball/softball fields (Barnes Complex)
- Historical buildings/bridges (including the Milner/Schwarz House)
- Drinking fountain
- Handicap accessible
- Restrooms (flush)
To make your reservation, please stop by the Parks & Recreation Administration Office located at 500 E. Third St., Suite 200 during regular business hours of Monday - Friday, 8:00A - 4:30P.
Reservations begin the first working day in January for the current year.
Only quarter and half sections of pavilion #2 are reservable online through WebTrac Online Facility Reservations.
Whole pavilions must be reserved through the Administration Office location to comply with the large group reservation process.
Special Events at Fairgrounds Park
Suggested Parking Addresses
- Pavilions 1 & 2 parking at 700 S. Railroad Ave.
- Dog Park parking at Fire Engine Red Rd. (off of S. Railroad Ave.)
- Barnes Complex Batting Cages & Fields 1-6 parking at 405 S. Cleveland Ave.
- Barnes Complex Ball Fields 7-10 parking at 405 S. Cleveland Ave.
& at 195 Old Fairgrounds Dr.
Spray Park Schedule/Hours - Currently Closed due to COVID-19The spray park is open Memorial Day through Labor Day (as weather permits). Hours are: 9:00A - 7:00P daily. The spray park may be opened earlier in May, as part of the annual Kids to Park Day events (weather permitting). Periodically, it may be turned off for maintenance purposes. When the spray park area at Fairgrounds Park is shut down for maintenance, you may choose to utilize the spray park area at Loveland Sports Park in the interim!
Rules & Regulations for Fairgrounds Park Areas
- General Park Rules
- Barnes Complex Fields 1-6
- Barnes Complex Fields 7-10
- Basketball Courts
- Dog Park
- River Plaza
- Skate Park
- Spray Park
There are numerous fishing opportunities in and around Loveland. Watch the video below for suggestions.