Large Group or Special Event Reservations
PARK FACILITY LOCATIONS SUGGESTED FOR LARGE GROUP USE:
There are several locations in Loveland which can accomodate larger group reservations (with less site impact & less requirements). We suggest using a facility which has ample seating, flush restroom facilities, trash receptacles, and larger parking areas.
The City of Loveland's larger park facilities are as follows:
|Park/Facility Name||Normal Reservation Capacity||Large Group*|
|Centennial Park||Up to 150 may reserve
|Fairgrounds Park||Up to 250 may reserve
|Norma & Lynn Hammond Amphitheater||Up to 300 may reserve||151+|
|Foote Lagoon Amphitheater**||Up to 300 may reserve||151+|
|Winona Outdoor Pool||Up to 300 may reserve||---|
* Large Group Form must be completed for all Large Group reservations
**Foote Lagoon Amphitheater reservations are handled by the City of Loveland Public Works Department-Facilities Division. Please call (970) 962-2115 for assistance with Foote Lagoon reservations.
A LARGE GROUP FORM (PDF) must be filled out if you plan to exceed the normal facility capacities, or if your event will be publicly advertised. The LARGE GROUP FORM is filled out and submitted for approval by the Parks Manager in advance of making your reservation. Publicly advertising an event includes if the event is going to be advertised in newspapers, on the radio, or online through websites or social media. If you are unsure whether a LARGE GROUP FORM is required, please call in advance to inquire: (970) 962-2727.
WHAT IS A LARGE GROUP?
Large groups and/or special events impact Loveland park sites and require a higher level of service, as well as accommodations from the City and the person making the reservation. Large groups/special events necessitate additional planning and coordination by City staff, impact available parking, utilities and restroom facilities on site and require additional clean-up. As a result, it is the responsibility of the reserving group to meet the following conditions:
- Large groups (151+) and/or special events will be assessed a $150-$500 “Site Impact Fee" to recover costs associated with the higher level of service required for such events. This amount is determined by the Parks Manager.
- Existing restroom facilities are not adequately sized for large groups - therefore it is the responsibility of the reserving individual/group to arrange for portable restrooms during the event. One portable toilet must be provided for every 50 people (over 150) in attendance. Note: Portable toilets may need servicing during the event, which is the responsibility of the reserving group.
- Trash receptacles in the park cannot accommodate additional trash produced by large special events. As a result, it is the responsibility of the reserving group to provide trash receptacles for their event. Arrangements for trash service may be made by contacting the City of Loveland’s Solid Waste Division at (970) 962-2709 at least one week before the scheduled event. Additional fees may apply.
- Large events at North Lake Park may also require more parking than is currently available. Therefore, you must arrange with Loveland High School to utilize their lot for overflow parking. Please call R2J Administration office at 613-5351 or Leah.Howard@thompsonschools.org. There will be a charge to use the parking lot.
- Portable grills/stoves used for an event at the Norma & Lynn Hammond Amphitheater must be used on a paved or hard surface such as a parking lot and all grease/drippings must be collected/prevented from leaking onto the ground (see contact info above to arrange use of Loveland High School's parking lot).
- Please fill out the Event Permit Application through the Police Department at: http://lovelandpermits.cityofloveland.org/ Call Sara Wiggett at (970) 962-2239 for info.
The Police Department event application is required in addition to the Parks & Recreation LARGE GROUP FORM(PDF), which must be filled out and brought in to complete your reservation with Parks & Recreation.
- Selling or offering for sale any goods, services, or any other thing of value is prohibited per city ord. 5.12.010
LARGE GROUP FORM:
If you agree to the conditions of hosting a large group or special event at a Loveland park facility as stated above, we will need you to fill out the LARGE GROUP FORM (PDF) and sign it to indicate you agree to these terms. Bring it with you to submit to the Parks Manager for approval before finalizing and making your reservation.
MAKING RESERVATIONS FOR PARK FACILITIES:
Online reservations for large groups are not permitted. Once you have gained approval from the Parks Manager on the LARGE GROUP FORM and have met the criteria listed above, you MUST make your reservation in person:
- Parks & Recreation Administration Office
500 E. Third Street, Suite 200
Loveland, CO 80537
Hours for in-person/large group reservations:
Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
ALTERNATE AREAS IN LOVELAND FOR GROUP USE:
The City of Loveland is home to many great entertainment venues. Some of them are listed here as alternate locations for group uses. Capacities at these locations may or may not be large enough to accommodate large groups. The City of Loveland does not endorse or support any of these locations more than any others in Loveland, and is not responsible for the content found on their web pages or at their sites listed below. These listings are provided as a convenience for you.
1720 Glade Road - Loveland
(May be closed until flood damages are repaired)
103 E. Fourth Street - Loveland
|Moose Lodge||1408 Morning Drive - Loveland||667-2525|
& "BEC" at the
5280 Arena Circle, Ste. 100 - Loveland
2939 N. County Rd. 31D - Loveland
District (Nights Only)
525 N. Douglas Avenue - Loveland
|305 N. Cleveland Avenue - Loveland||667-4722|