A 64-acre park with multiple amenities for community use!
There are two entrances to Mehaffey Park:
North Entrance: 3350 W. 29th Street - Loveland, CO 80538
South Entrance: 3285 W. 22nd Street - Loveland, CO 80538
- Group Picnic Areas A & B
(each seats 50; reservable for up to 100 people)
Reservable for Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays ONLY
Each have the following supplied -
- Six 8-foot Tables (4 regular; 2 ADA Accessible)
- 6 Electrical Outlets
- 2 Small Grills
- Great Lawn, Pond Overlook & Overland Trail Artwork
- Adventure Playground with features such as
- Climbing Wall for children
- Waterfall (cycles 20 minutes on; 15 minutes off from 9:00 a.m. to 6:45 p.m.)
Water is on seasonally from Memorial Day through Labor Day (weather permitting.)
- Stream & Stream Bridges
- Tensile/Shade Structure
- Boulders/Stepping Stones, Log Beam, Log Tunnels
- Turbo Slide
- "Treehouse" play structure with swing bridge
- Conestoga Wagon Playset & Sand Box
- Bucket Swings, Spinner Bowls, Oxen Spring Riders
- We-Saw, Belt Swings, Wheel Spinner, Berliner VIP Swing, Oodle Swing
- Shelter C (not reservable; available for rest/watching children play)
NON-Reservable. Tables MUST be kept available for drop-in users at all times, and may not be blocked. This area is meant for parents to supervise their children in the playground area. Please make a reservation for Group Picnic Areas A or B if you are planning to have a group/gathering and need dedicated table spaces.
- Mosaic Artwork
- Picnic Knoll & Compass Artwork
- 3 Multi-Purpose Fields (reservable Monday-Thursday ONLY)
- Basketball Court
- Tennis Courts, Pickleball Courts & Shade Structure
- Lights on push-button timer for 30 minute increments until 10:00 p.m.
- 4 Pickleball Courts
- 7 Tennis Courts
- Tennis Wall on NW Court #4 (for single-person use)
- Skate Park & Shade Structure
- Lights on push-button timer for 30 minute increments from dusk until 10:15 p.m.
- From the Westword, VOTED BEST OF: Sports & Recreation
Best of Denver® /// Sports & Recreation /// 2016
Mehaffey Park - Best Skate Park
- Dog Park & Shade Structure
- East side is Shy/Small Dog Area
- West side is all dogs
- Arboretum with 14 interpretive stations
- Handicap Accessible
- Restrooms (flush) at north end near Skate Park; at south end near Group Picnic Shelters
- Drinking Fountains
- Parking Lots (North Lot 124 spaces; South Lot 120 spaces)
- Recreation Trail Access at 22nd Street & 29th Street
- 9-Hole Disc Golf - open year-round and playable during daylight hours
- AWARD WINNING Concrete Work -
1st Place in the 2016 Decorative Concrete Council Awards for "Vertical Decorative Concrete Application under 5,000 square feet."
Shelter ReservationsWhen the park is open, you are welcome to reserve the Group Picnic Areas. To make your picnic area reservation, please stop by the Parks & Recreation Administration Office, located at 500 E. Third Street, Suite 200 - during regular business hours of Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm. You may also choose to reserve the facilities ONLINE through the WebTrac Online Facility Reservations.
Mehaffey Park is open from 6:00 a.m. - 10:30 p.m. daily. Some recreation areas and sports fields are not scheduled or available for use during the winter months, to avoid turf damage and possible liability concerns. Therefore, some park areas may be CLOSED to the public during icy, snowy times.
Rules & Regulations:
Site Specific Rules & Regulations (PDFs):
- FISHING, WADING, SWIMMING, BOATS & WATERCRAFT are PROHIBITED
- Mehaffey Park Rules
Site Map (Click for LETTER SIZE PDF)
*Please note that the flyers above and below list the Disc Golf Course as a "Future" course. The course is actually complete now and open for public use.
Trail/Walkway Distances Map:
Trail/Walkway Distances Map (Click for LETTER SIZE PDF)
To learn about the history, planning, and construction of the park. ...or to see photos taken during the process, visit the following web page:
PROJECT UPDATES available here - Mehaffey Park Project Updates