Located at Mehaffey Park
Closest parking entrance:
3285 W. 22nd Street
Loveland, CO 80537
The Dog Park is located at the central-south end of Mehaffey Park, with parking available in the lot off of 22nd Street. This parking lot is shared with the other visitors to the park as well. Please be courteous to others using the park, and obey the leash laws by keeping dogs on their leashes in the parking areas and in ALL other areas of the park other than the dog park.
Rules & Regulations
Please obey the posted dog park rules (PDF)
and DO NOT BRING AGGRESSIVE DOGS TO THE PARK!
- MORE ABOUT FOOD & TREATS - Within the Dog Park Rules above, you see that we do not allow you to bring food & drinks into the Dog Park areas. This is intended to address concerns over HUMAN food & drinks being brought in. It does NOT mean dog treats are prohibited. PLEASE NOTE: Dog treats & training bits are permissible. However, we ask that you DO NOT share dog treats with other people's pets, without asking the owner's permission in advance.
Dog Park Amenities
- FENCING - The Dog Park is comprised of fenced-in areas which provide dogs and their owners off-leash play and training areas while visiting Mehaffey Park. PLEASE NOTE: Dogs are only allowed off-leash while in the fenced-in confines of the Dog Park.
- The fences are wooden. If you notice that any fence sections or posts are broken or loose in any of the dog park areas, please notify a parks worker or call the Parks & Recreation Administration Office to report the need for repairs: (970) 962-2727.
- SMALL or SHY DOGS: There is a fence division within the dog park area which provides a separate area for small or shy dogs to enjoy. As you enter the dog park area through the main gate, you will be able to choose which side your dog should be using. This is NOT a "staging area" for large dogs before they enter the larger enclosure, it is strictly for smaller/shy dogs. The small/shy dog area is to the south (right) of the main entry gate.
- WATER - A water fountain for pets is available at the dog park entrance (water fountain will be turned off during cold months).
- WASTE BAGS - Pet waste bag dispensers are also located at the dog park. You are encouraged to bring your own as well.
Periodically there will be closures of the Dog Park areas while we complete maintenance such as weed or pest control. When spraying for anything, we do not allow dogs or owners in the enclosures. Signs will be posted in advance onsite, and notifications will be posted on the Parks & Recreation Facebook Page as well.