Our children may be more savvy and experienced on-line than we are. The internet has become an easy means of communication for them but it also exposes them up to new risks that many of us didn’t face growing up. Please take the time to protect yourself and your family from these risks by using the following guidelines and visiting the sites provided below.
- Educate yourself.
- Talk to your child about the risks of being on-line.
- Place your computer in an open area that is frequented by the entire family.
- Pay attention to what your child does while on-line.
- Use parental controls/monitoring.
- Make rules such as these for your child’s internet use.
- Never give out or post their personal information.
- Never agree to meet someone they meet on-line.
- Never post or send photographs to people they don’t know.
- Never respond to and tell a parent about inappropriate or harassing messages.
- Report suspicious and criminal activity.
- Contact your local Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Loveland Police Department (970) 667-2151.
Education for Parents
Education for Teens
Education for Children