You must apply on-line. We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are strongly encouraged to review the Loveland Police Department Hiring Disqualifier Policy and other requirements prior to submitting an application.
To be eligible for a Police Officer position, candidates must meet the following minimum requirements by the date of hire:
- At least 21 years of age
- Colorado Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) certification from an approved academy or provisional certificate
- 90 quarter hours or 60 semester credit hours or an Associate's Degree, from an accredited college or university
Ability to legally possess/carry a firearm
Valid Colorado driver's license
Applications will not be accepted unless there is a posted job announcement. For further information about the application process please contact the Human Resources Department at 970-962-2371.
The Police Officer selection process consists of:
- Frontline Test (Video-based Human Relations, Reading, Incident Observation & Report Writing)
- Oral board interviews (Initial / Executive)
- Comprehensive Background investigation
- Post job offer: Physical requirements assessment, Drug Screen, Psychological & Polygraph exam
LPD Hiring Disqualifier Policy
We strive to improve and maintain the highest standards in the selection of our personnel since we depend upon them to provide the best quality service delivery possible to the Loveland community.
Police Officer must reside within a 12 mile radius of a central point of town within 12 months of hire date.
A complete and somewhat intrusive background investigation is part of the hiring process. Applicants must be very up-front and honest regarding their personal and professional history. The information on all documents that are completed as a part of the selection/hiring process will be examined and researched as part of the background investigation. Candidates are given the opportunity to make corrections and update information prior to the start of the selection process. If intentional omissions or misleading / falsified information is detected, it may be grounds for disqualification from the process. The background investigation examines:
- Criminal History/Involvement with Illegal Drugs
- Past Employment Performance
- Residential History
- Military Records
- Financial History
- Civil Court Records
- Personal References
- Education/Campus Disciplinary records
We hope we have provided you with the information you are seeking and that you are able to consider the Loveland Police Department as a viable career option. For information on relocating to Loveland, please visit the Loveland Chamber of Commerce site.