The Property and Evidence Unit of the Loveland Police Department is generally staffed Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm.
Property is released by appointment only by calling (970) 962-2038.
- In order to claim any property, an appointment must be made and photo identification is required.
- If you receive written notification that you have property to claim, this property will be held for 30 days after the mailing of the notice or after a safekeeping notice has been issued. Unclaimed property will be disposed of per municipal ordinance.
- If you are unable to claim your property, you may designate another person to claim the property for you. In this case, you must provide the designated person with a notarized letter authorizing that person to claim the property for you. That person must present the notarized letter and photo identification at the time of their appointment.
- Unclaimed property with an unknown owner or unknown address of the owner, will be held for 30 days. If the property is not claimed, it will be disposed of per municipal ordinance.
- It is the policy of the Loveland Police Department to allow a finder of property to claim found property if the rightful owner does not claim the property within 30 days. The finder must make a written request to the property unit advising that the finder would like the item if not claimed. We do not release any type of electronic devices that may contain personal information (phones, iPod, iPad, tablets, laptops, etc.)
- Firearms cannot be released without a background check through the Colorado Bureau of Investigation.
All items not claimed within the time frames established under the Loveland Municipal Code are either destroyed or sent to auction. Loveland Police Department currently utilizes propertyroom.com. You may find additional information by visiting their website.
For questions not answered on this page, please call (970) 962-2038.