2525 W. 1st Street
Loveland, CO 80537
Unsure of WHAT to THROW AWAY, and WHERE?
The Solid Waste Division is proud to offer its Loveland residents a three-stream curbside collections service, special services and a comprehensive recycling center. More information is below:
Household Trash Collection
The City’s volume-based “pay-as-you-throw” rates provide you with a financial incentive to reduce waste and recycle.
The more you recycle, the more you save!
Available trash cart options include:
17-gallon cart: $3.00 per month
35-gallon cart: $6.00 per month
65-gallon cart: $12.00 per month
95-gallon cart: $18.00 per month
It is important to choose your trash cart size based on your individual household need. Only trash that is contained in the cart will be picked up. Overfilled carts are not acceptable.
Click HERE to view cart capacity.
On occasion, you may have extra trash that exceeds the capacity of your cart. Extra bags must have a City $1.75 trash stamp affixed and placed next to your trash cart for pickup. Stamps can be purchased at all major grocery stores (Albertsons, King Soopers, Safeway and Wal-Mart) in Loveland.
HINT: Wrap the stamp around the neck of the bag with the stamp ends together. This will ensure the stamp does not come off during cold weather.
Special Curbside Pickup
When you have an over-sized item that just won't fit in your trash cart, a special pickup can be arranged. Special curbside pickups can be schedule Monday through Friday with a 24-hour notice. Fess are based on size and volume of the pickup and will be billed to your City of Loveland Utility bill.
Acceptable items include:
- Hot water heaters
- Carpeting (quote required)
- TV's ...and so much more!
HINT: Have you already used your Annual Household Cleanup Voucher? If not, you may drop off your item for free!
Click HERE for details.
Temporary Dumpster & Roll-off Rentals
For larger cleanup or remodeling projects, temporary dumpster or roll-off rentals are available for a 30-day period.
Dumpster Sizes:2 cubic yard $60/empty
3 cubic yard $90/empty
Rentals are not to exceed 30 days.
10 cubic yard $240/empty
20 cubic yard $350/empty
30 cubic yard $460/empty
NO DELIVERY FEES!
Unsure which size you need? Click HERE to view dumpster and roll-off dimensions.
- Containers are for temporary use only and may be rented for no longer than 30 days.
- No hazardous wastes of any kind will be permitted in containers.
- These containers are rented only to residents within city limits that have a current utility service. We cannot rent these containers to businesses. Please contact us if you have questions!
Residents of Loveland may choose to recycle at the curb, or take items directly to the Recycling Center. Use the recycling widget to help you decide which option is best for your type of refuse
Collection during the winter months
To keep your trash and recycling service running smoothly during snow season, follow our easy “Do’s” and “Don’ts” below:
- DO shovel a path to your recycling cart and trash cart
- DO keep these containers off patches of ice for safety
- DO make sure recycling carts and trash cart are clear of snow
- DO put your carts as far in the street as possible - not behind snow banks
- DO leave a 2’ space on either side of your carts to allow for easy access by our trucks automated arms.
- DON’T - use cardboard boxes as a trash container. This is always a “Don’t” no matter what the weather conditions.
- DON'T pile snow beside dumpsters.