400 N. Wilson Avenue
Loveland, CO 80537
Tuesday - Sunday
7:30 am to 4:30 pm
Open year-round except major holidays
VISA, MASTERCARD AND DISCOVER cards are accepted
(Sorry, no debit cards accepted at this time.)
Recycle More Items
Yard Debris & Raw Wood Debris
- Grass clippings
- Garden trimmings, including Halloween pumpkins
- Branches/logs cut to into 6 foot lengths or shorter
- Untreated lumber, plywood, oriented strand board (OSB), particleboard - No furniture
- Pallets and spools
- Shake shingles
- Large appliances, dishwashers, water heaters, microwaves (remove plate), etc.
- Propane bottles and fire extinguishers (must be empty)
There be a $15.00 charge for anything containing refrigerant; e.g. refrigerator, freezer, AC unit.
Water & Powers rebate program.
Larimer County Landfill charges $25.00 per unit.
Residents can pay a company to have it the refrigerant reclaimed.
o Documentation must be obtained, and presented to the gatehouse attendant.
o If a resident brings authorized documentation (for our records), we will accept the unit for free.
o J-Days Appliance is the only local business that will reclaim the refrigerant and recycle it.
? They charge a MINIMUM of $35.00 per unit.
*It is very dangerous, and illegal to discharge the refrigerant into the atmosphere. If a line is cut either on purpose, or even accidental; the $15.00 fee will still be charged because the proper documentation for removal will not be available. Below is an excerpt from the EPA.
Refrigerators, freezers and air-conditioning units contain refrigerants that damage the environment. Synthetic greenhouse gases (SGGs) are now widely used as refrigerants in fridges and air-conditioning units. Under the Climate Change Response Act (CCRA) 2002 it will be illegal to release SGGs into the atmosphere from 1 January 2013.
- TVs and computer monitors - fees apply
- Computer components
- Copy and fax machines (standard size)
- Printer cartridges
- Phones (cell and home)
- Stereos, VCRs and CD/DVD players, no speakers
- Small appliances, including coffeemakers (remove pot), hair dryers, etc.
- Paper milk and juice cartons
- Hardbound books
- Plastic grocery bags, newspaper bags, dry cleaning bags
- Plastic #2 plant containers click here for more information
- Rigid plastics, No.1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Cooking Oil
- Auto/truck tires - fees apply
- Bicycle tires and tubes (10 or more will have a small tire fee of $2.00)
- Motor oil, filters and anti-freeze
- Shredded paper
- Batteries, auto/truck and household
- Porcelain toilets, sinks - remove all hardware
- Concrete - free of rebar, reinforcement, dirt and trash