410 East 5th Street
Loveland, CO 80537
Phone: (970) 962-2501
Public Works, Transportation Development is responsible for analyzing and evaluating information regarding transportation needs and improvements associated with new land developments proposed within and near the City's municipal boundaries.
Staff works very closely with both the Development Services Department and the Transportation Engineering Division of Public Works. Staff also works cooperatively with all the other City departments that are involved in review of new development projects.
Our mission is to ensure that transportation facilities associated with land developments will provide safe and effective means of travel for the citizens of Loveland and those who come to or pass through our City. Our primary objectives are:
- to identify facilities that are necessary to serve this function, and
- to ensure that these facilities are designed and constructed with the safety and convenience of the traveling public foremost in mind.
Our work involves the application of a number of policy and standards.
The City of Loveland, Larimer County and City of Fort Collins have adopted the Larimer County Urban Area Street Standards. These Standards apply to the design and construction of new and reconstructed streets within the two cities and within the Growth Management Areas for Fort Collins and Loveland within Larimer County.
- Table 7-2 [PDF]
- Table 7-4 [PDF]
- TIS Scoping Form [PDF]
- Traffic Worksheet [PDF]
- Opinion of Cost (All Departments) [PDF]
- Opinion of Cost (All Departments) [Excel]
- Construction Plan Checklist [PDF]
- Agreement for Right-of-Way [PDF]
- Deed of Dedication [PDF]
- Pedestrian Easement [PDF]
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Easement [PDF]
- Pedestrian Easement-Deed of Dedication [PDF]
- Permanent Slope Easement [PDF]
- Development Construction Permit Application with Cost Estimates [PDF]