2525 W. 1st Street
Loveland, CO 80537
Solid Waste Office
Phone: (970) 962-2524
Unsure of WHAT to THROW AWAY, and WHERE?The Solid Waste Division is proud to offer its Loveland residents a three-stream curbside collections service, special services and a comprehensive recycling center.
- Trash Collection
- Dumpster & Roll-off Rentals
- Recycling Collection
- Yard Waste Collection
- Clean-up Voucher
- Hazardous Waste
The City of Loveland’s continuing response to COVID-19’s threat to public health and safety now includes additional measures to trash, recycling and yard waste collections.
Starting Wednesday, March 25, 2020 to April 10, 2020, all trash and recycling will be limited to the disposal of the contents of the trash and recycling carts only. Yard cart service will begin on Monday, March 30. Your weekly service will stay on the same day, but any additional bags or special pick-up items will not be serviced during this time.
We apologize for any inconvenience, but this will protect the drivers so we can ensure ongoing waste collection services. Please be aware of the following:
- If possible, bag all trash contents and tie securely.
- Items in the recycle bin should still be loose in the cart.
- Residents who would like a larger trash cart or an additional trash cart, should contact (970) 962-2524.
Residential Trash Collection
Call (970) 962-2529 to order a trash cart. The cart service fee is applied to your monthly City Utility Bill.
The City’s volume-based “pay-as-you-throw” rates provide you with a financial incentive to reduce waste and recycle. The more you recycle, the more you save!
Available trash cart options include:
17-gallon cart: $3.25 per month
32-gallon cart: $6.50 per month
64-gallon cart: $13.00 per month
96-gallon cart: $19.50 per month
It is important to choose your trash cart size based on your individual household need. Only trash carts that have a closed lid will be picked up. Overfilled carts are not acceptable.
Link to Cart Capacity.
On occasion, you may have extra trash that exceeds the capacity of your cart. Extra bags must have a City $3.25 trash stamp affixed and placed next to your trash cart for pickup. Stamps can be purchased at all major grocery stores (King Soopers, Safeway and Wal-Mart) in Loveland.
HINT: Wrap the stamp around the neck of the bag with the stamp ends together. This will ensure the stamp does not come off during cold weather.
Special Curbside Pickup
Call (970) 962-2529 for a price quote or to schedule your pick up.
When you have an over-sized item that just won't fit in your trash cart, a special pickup can be arranged. Special curbside pickups can be schedule Monday through Friday with a 24-hour notice. Fees are based on size and volume of the pickup and will be billed to your City of Loveland Utility bill.
Acceptable items include:
- Hot water heaters
- Carpeting (quote required)
- TV's and so much more!
Have you already used your Annual Household Cleanup Voucher? If not, you may drop off your item for free!
Collection during the winter monthsTo keep your trash and recycling service running smoothly during snow season, follow our easy “Do’s” and “Don’ts” below:
- DO shovel a path to your recycling cart and trash cart
- DO keep these containers off patches of ice for safety
- DO make sure recycling carts and trash cart are clear of snow
- DO put your carts as far in the street as possible, not behind snow banks
- DO leave a 2’ space on either side of your carts to allow for easy access by our trucks automated arms.
- DON’T use cardboard boxes as a trash container. This is always a “Don’t” no matter what the weather conditions.
- DON'T pile snow beside dumpsters.
Multi-Family Residential Rates:
One dumpster once per week: $85.00 per month
Each additional dumpster: $45.00 per month
One dumpster twice per week: $125.00 per month
Each additional dumpster: $65.00 per month
One dumpster four times per week: $165.00 per month
Each additional dumpster: $85.00 per month
One dumpster five times per week: $225.00 per month
Each additional dumpster: $115.00 per month
Dumpster overages/excess:$25.00 per cubic yard
95 gallon Trash Carts: $19.50 per month
Special pick-up fees apply to such items as mattresses, TV, tires, etc. Please contact Solid Waste at (970) 962-2524 for more information.
Dumpster and Roll-off Rentals
For larger cleanup or remodeling projects, temporary dumpster or roll-off rentals are available for a 30-day period.
Call (970)962-2529 to rent a dumpster or roll-off box.
3 cubic yard $95/empty, rentals are not to exceed 30 days.
- 10 cubic yard $265/empty
- 20 cubic yard $375/empty
- 30 cubic yard $485/empty
NO DELIVERY FEES!
Unsure which size you need? Please review the Temporary Roll-off and Dumpster Rental Options.
- All materials must not extend above the top or beyond the side of the container.
- Over-sized items may be placed next to the dumpster and collected separately for a fee. Call (970) 962-2529.
- Do not fill dumpster more than half full of heavy materials such as roof shingles. No concrete, rock, stone, brick or soil.
- NOTE: Residents will be responsible for unloading the contaminated or overloaded dumpster or incur additional fees if the City has to unload it. Residents are responsible for all contents of the dumpster. Place the dumpster out of public view except when scheduled for service.
- Containers are for temporary use only and may be rented for no longer than 30 days.
- An exchange fee is assessed when requesting a change of size after delivery is completed.
- Dumpster must be on the curb for collection.
- No hazardous wastes of any kind will be permitted in containers. Containers found to have hazardous wastes will be assessed a minimum $75.00 fee.
- Hazardous Materials include: paint, computers, motor oil, televisions, tires, electronic equipment, appliances containing asbestos, acids, adhesives, solvents, pesticides, CFLs and florescent light tubes.
- These containers are rented only to residents within city limits that have a current utility service. We cannot rent these containers to businesses. Please contact us if you have questions!
- Cardboard (cut to fit inside cart)
- Paper milk & juice cartons
- Paperboard (cereal, shoe & gift boxes)
- Newspaper & packing paper
- Magazines, catalogs
- Paper bags
- Paper egg cartons
- Phone books, paperback books
- Office & junk mail
- Wrapping paper, NO foil
- Cans (aluminum, tin & steel)
- Aerosol cans (empty & no caps)
- Clean, balled foil & pie pans
- Metal jar lids
- Paint cans & lids (must be dry)
PLASTIC - MUST BE EMPTY • NO LIQUIDS PLEASE
- Bottles & jugs #1-7
- Plastic tubs & containers #1-7
- Prescription bottles
- Clear clam shell containers
What about glass?
Glass bottles and jars ARE accepted curbside, but because of breakage, only 30% of the glass bottles and jars collected from curbside bins are recycled. As glass is collected, hauled and unloaded, much of it gets broken. At the sorting center, unbroken glass is recovered and shipped to a plant that makes new glass containers. The broken glass, however, is screened from the other recyclables. Contaminants embedded in this broken glass cannot be sufficiently removed to meet the specifications of bottle makers. This glass ends up being used at landfills for daily cover material or is dumped as trash.
Here’s some good news. If Loveland residents take their glass to a drop-off center, 100% of the glass is recycled back into new bottles and jars.
City of Loveland Recycling Center, 400 N. Wilson Avenue
Kroh Park, 5200 N. Garfield Avenue
Barnes Park, 405 S. Cleveland Avenue
Loveland Marketplace, 2979 N. Garfield Avenue
Mehaffey Park, 3550 West 29th Street
All glass containers should be rinsed with caps and lids removed. Please, no ceramics, bake-ware, Pyrex, drinking glasses, auto glass, plate glass, mirrors or light bulbs. These items are contaminants and must not be included.
Glass will continue to be accepted at the curb; however, only 30% of this glass actually gets recycled. Taking your glass to a drop-off center is the best option for closed-loop, bottle-to-bottle recycling.
For more information, please contact the Solid Waste Division at
Yard Waste Collection
Yard waste collection will end for the season on November 29, 2019. It will being again on March 30, 2020.
A 95-gallon cart is provided for weekly collection of yard debris from April through November. Collection and billing does not occur during the winter months from December through March. Residents are encouraged to keep their yard waste cart during this time, until service begins again in the spring. Please call (970) 962-2529 to order a cart.
Single Family Residential:
- Townhome Yard Debris: $1.50 per month
- 96-gallon cart: $8.50 per month
- 96-gallon cart(s) per unit (paid by landlord): $19.50 per month
Your collected yard debris will be composted by our private sector partner, A-1 Organics, and sold as a high-quality soil amendment, which may be purchased at the Loveland Recycling Center.
The following items can be placed in your green yard debris cart:
- Grass clippings
- Garden trimmings
- Twigs, less than 1" in diameter (cut to fit into cart)
- Shredded paper**
Please do not include:
- Pet Waste
- Plastic bags
- Trash, rocks or metal
- Ashes (hot or cold)
- Oversized logs, stumps or lumber
*Sod must have the majority of dirt removed and can fill a portion no greater than 1/4 of the cart, due to weight restrictions. Your loaded cart must weigh less than 250 pounds and the lid must close.
**Shredded paper is compostable and can be placed into your yard waste cart. Please be sure to put grass clippings on top of the paper to keep it from blowing when emptied.
Household Clean-up Program
The Household Clean-up Program allows City of Loveland residents to drop off over-sized, bulky items that would not be routinely picked up curbside.
When can I use my voucher?The Household Clean-up Program allows residents to use their vouchers during Recycling Center business hours, any day of the year!
400 N. Wilson Avenue
Hours: Tuesday - Sunday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Year-round except major holidays
Who is eligible?All City residents who currently pay a monthly Solid Waste Management fee are entitled to use the Household Cleanup Program.
Look for the "SWM fee" on your City of Loveland utility bill.
Does my voucher expire?Vouchers are valid for one year and can be used only once during that year.
What is accepted?
Many items are permitted such as mattresses, old carpet or other items that cannot fit in your trash cart. Vouchers have no value. Normal fees will apply to certain items currently accepted at the Recycling Center.
- Loads containing unacceptable items will be turned away.
- Bag household trash - please, no loose trash.
- Recyclable items will need to be separated from household cleanup items.
VOUCHERS ARE NOT VALID FOR HAZARDOUS WASTES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING:
Computers, televisions, tires, electronic equipment, paint, CFL's, cleaning products, asbestos-containing material, solvents, acids, degreasers, pesticides and adhesives.
How much can I bring?Loads are limited in size and must not exceed a standard pickup load equivalent, or 2.7 cubic yards. Bring it by car, truck or trailer, but no over sized loads will be accepted.
How do I get a voucher?Please submit a request to obtain a voucher. You will need to provide your City of Loveland account number, first and last name, address, and phone number. Your voucher will be sent to you electronically within 24 business hours. Residents who do not have computer access may call the Solid Waste Division at (970)962-2529.
Vouchers are not available at the Recycling Center.
Do you need special assistance?Do you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from transporting your items to the Recycling Center? Special assistance is available for disabled or impaired residents of all ages. No age requirement must be met. Please call the Solid Waste Division at (970) 962-2529 for more information.
Many household products are considered hazardous. Proper disposal of these items is necessary in order to protect your safety and that of our environment. Please do not place hazardous waste in your trash or recycling containers.
Examples of Household Hazard Waste include but are not limited to:
- Adhesives - household/hobby/automotive glue; caulking; sealants; roofing cement, etc.
- Aerosols - those containing flammable or hazardous materials
- Art/Hobby Supplies - glue/adhesives; paint; cleaners; correction fluid; old chemistry sets; photography chemicals, etc.
- Automotive Products - cleaners; polish; lubricants; solvents; fuel; gasoline; injector sprays; brake sprays; brake/transmission fluid; paint; paint remover; antifreeze; carburetor cleaner; metal conditioner; engine degreaser; fuel additives; used motor oil; oil filters, etc.
- Batteries - automotive & household
- Cleaners/Waxes - household (ammonia, bleaches, drain cleaners, floor cleaners); wood stains; wood strippers; polish; degreasers; rug/upholstery/oven cleaners, etc.
- Flammables - automotive/household solvents; fuel; paint; lubricants; kerosene; charcoal lighter; lighter fluid; mineral spirits, etc.
- Live ammunition
- Lubricants - automotive/household compressor oil; cutting oil, etc.
- Medication/Prescriptions - expired or current medications
- Other Household - fluorescent tubes; mercury devices; thermostats; thermometers, etc.
- Paint - aerosol; hobby/automotive/household latex and oil based paint products including thinner; lacquer; linseed oil; primer; stain; varnish, etc.
- Personal Products - nail polish; polish remover; rubbing alcohol; shoe polish; spot remover, etc.
- Poisons - household/garden poison (insecticide, herbicide, fungicide, pesticide); bait; fertilizer; spa/pool chemicals; moth balls, etc.
- Sharps - needles and syringes
Motor and Cooking Oil
Accepted at the recycling center, 400 N. Wilson Ave., open Tuesday through Sunday 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. .
Household and Automotive Batteries:
Accepted at the recycling center, 400 N. Wilson Ave., open Tuesday through Sunday 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Waste from recreational vehicles should never be placed in stormdrains or the sanitary sewer system. To dispose of this hazardous waste properly, please use a RV dump station in your area.
All Other Hazardous Wastes
The Larimer County Household Hazardous Waste Center accepts a wide variety of hazardous wastes from residents for free. Contact them at 498-5773 for more information. You may also visit www.earth911.com to locate other recycling/disposal sites.