The City shall permit the posting of banners on street light poles for the purpose of describing and notifying citizens of local community services; announcing cultural, educational, and civic events, including City sponsored and co-sponsored events; or providing information concerning available services or programs sponsored by the City. Banners may only convey a noncommercial message and promote community activities, celebrations or events.
- Business logos will not be permitted except for businesses that are sponsoring community activities, celebrations or events.
- Banners shall not include campaign messages that endorse or oppose a candidate for election to public office or which endorse or oppose any ballot issue.
- Banners shall not have a primary purpose of endorsing or promoting commercial interests, including commercial offers, solicitations, products and other materials, the primary purpose of which is to promote economic interests.
- Banners shall not have the purpose or effect of endorsing specific religious beliefs.
- Questions regarding the endorsement of specific religious belief shall be directed to the City Attorney’s Office at CityAttorney@cityofloveland.org.
Installation and Removal:
Following approval of the permit application, banners may be hung at the approved locations. Banner owners are responsible for administering the hanging and removal of vertical banners. Due to safety reasons, Loveland Water and Power will no longer be responsible for hanging banners.
Banner and Banner Hardware:
- Banners shall not exceed 30’’ in width. Banners must be 6’6” in length to fit on to the stationary bracket on the pole. (See diagram for design spec.)
- All banners must be made of fabric or non-rigid material. Canvas or reinforced vinyl is recommended.
- Message may be placed on both sides of the banner.
- A reinforced grommet shall be fixed in the top left corner and bottom left corner of the banner.
- The maximum mounting height is set at 17’ from ground to bottom of banner.
- Mountings will not be moved by installers.
- Banners must be designed so there will be no scarring or damage to poles. Mountings may not be permanently attached to poles.
- The City of Loveland may order the immediate removal of any banner and/or mounting that has not been approved.
- Permit applications are available by clicking here or by calling (970) 962-3581.
- There is no fee for this permit.
- All dates are available on a first come first serve basis per calendar year.
- Reservations are not available to the 1st of the year.
- Limit two permits per year per organization.
- Banners can be hung in each location 14 days, per event, per year.
- Each organization is allowed 5 or 6 poles to hang banners. The Loveland Water and Power Department are allowing 5 organizations to hang banners at one time.
- Please return completed form to: email@example.com
Banners are only to be hung on City of Loveland street light poles in locations approved by the City of Loveland Power Division. Banners may only be hung only from the 29 approved street lights on Highway 34 from Grant Avenue to Westshore Drive.
Contractors responsible for hanging banners should coordinate and follow all permitting regulations. The following should be contacted by your contractor to coordinate permits:
CDOT - Greeley Region 4 Utilities
1420 2nd Street, Greeley
Corner of 14th Avenue and 2nd Street
City of Loveland - Public Works Streets Department
The City of Loveland shall not be responsible for any damages that occur to the banners.
Signature on the permit application releases the City of Loveland from any liability with regard to banner damage.