In order to ensure the safety of our Public Works crew members, refrigerator/freezer recycling pickups have been suspended until April 20, 2020.
Refrigerator Freezer Recycling
Your old refrigerator or freezer can be costing you more than you realize. That’s why Loveland Water and Power offers FREE refrigerator and freezer recycling to help you save money and energy. LWP will even pay a $35 rebate for participating. Why? Refrigerators built before 1993 can use four times more energy than today’s most efficient units. Did you know that this appliance is costing you more than $100 a year? Once collected, the units will be taken to a recycling facility where they can safely be broken down and used for new materials.
- Schedule your appliance pick up online via the sign-up button below. If you prefer, you may also sign up by phone (Call 970-962-3000) or visit us at the Service Center (200 North Wilson Ave.)
- Roll the unit outside for pick-up making sure it’s plugged into a power source so we can tell that it is in working condition
- Enjoy a $35 bill credit on your utility bill!
- Must be a Loveland residential electric utility customer
- Appliance must be owned by the customer (limit of two per account)
- Must be between 10 to 30 cubic feet in size
- Unit must be placed outside where City personnel can have easy access. Please roll the unit as close to the curb as possible
- Unit must be assembled with doors and handles attached, (Safety First! - If your unit has a locking latch please tape the top of the door shut)
- Unit must be in working condition at time of pick up--plugged in and cooling. (Assure the power cord can be unplugged from the outside of your home for haul-away purposes)
- If crews are unable to retrieve the unit after 2 pickup attempts, you may receive a reduced rebate.
Customers will receive a one-time utility bill credit within 6-8 weeks after collection.
If you have a non-working unit, please contact the Public Works Department to arrange a pick-up at
|sign up now!|
|Contact us:||Pay My Utility bill:||Connect with us:|
Loveland Water and Power