Connect your photovoltaic system or other generation system to the Loveland power grid. These systems are known as "self-generation or distributed generation" because they create electricity on the customer side of the meter, are distributed throughout the service area and are interconnected to the electric grid.
Please visit the City of Loveland Building Division's Solar Photovoltaic Systems Checklist (PDF)
Loveland Water and Power general requirements:All systems must meet the City's
- Interconnection Standards (PDF) - Requirements for Electric Service. Please call 970-962-3557 for information.
- Interconnection Agreement (PDF)
All distributed generation systems must fill out the Request for Electrical Service Form
Submit completed form to PowerDevelopment@cityofloveland.org.
Projects must be approved by Loveland Water and Power before they are connected to the electric grid.
- 2019 Schedule of Rates Charges and Fees (Self Generation Rate - pg 15)
- US Department of Energy - Overview of Renewable Energy Technology
- US Department of Energy - Residential Renewable Energy Tax Credit
- Solar Calculator
For more information, call (970) 962-3000