2018 Schedule of Rates, Fees and Charges [PDF] Complete details for all rates and charges as approved by the City Council on October 17, 2017.
Summary of Electric Rates Effective January 1, 2018:
|Type of Service||Base Charge||Cost per kWh*||Cost per kW*||PILT per kWh*||PIF per kWh*|
|Residential Demand - no new schedule RD customers accepted after Dec. 31, 2014|
|Renewable Energy Premium per 100 kWh - $2.80|
|* kWh = kilowatt-hour, kW = kilowatt|
- The base charge is the minimum a customer will be billed each month for electric service and covers the fixed administrative costs for all customers purchasing electricity.
- The cost per kilowatt-hour (kWh) reflects the cost of wholesale power and distribution system maintenance.
- The cost per kilowatt (kW) applies to customers on the demand rate. On this rate, there is a charge for the kilowatt-hours of electricity used and a charge for the highest metered demand each month.
- Payment-in-lieu of taxes (PILT) is not a new fee, but is being separated out in preparation for a deregulated electricity marketplace. The PILT funds are paid by the electric utility to the City's general fund.
- The Plant Investment Fee (PIF) is a capacity charge that is allocated to expanding the electric distribution system to meet community growth. When applying for a building permit, residential customers pay a one-time charge to cover the PIF charges.