Recreation Trail through Emerald Glen Natural Area - Wilson Ave. and 43rd St.
The main loop trail runs through beautiful areas on the west side of town near Wilson Ave., along the Big Thompson River corridor, over and under city streets, along irrigation canals and the west shore of Boyd Lake State Park and through prairies and wetland meadows.
The entire trail system is open from 6:00A to 10:30P daily.
Quarter-mile markers are located along a large portion of the trail to measure distance traveled. These markers begin counting at Rossum Avenue and continue east around the 21-mile recreation trail loop.
Loveland Recreation Trail
- Big Thompson River Trail (Rossum Drive to South Highway 287)
- Civic Center Trail (South Highway 287 to Denver Avenue)
- Boyd Lake Trail (Denver Avenue to County Road 11C)
- North Trail (County Road 11C to North Taft Avenue)
- Westside Trail (North Taft Avenue to West Highway 34)
- Front Range Trail (County Road 11C north to East County Road 30)
- Long View Trail (57th Street & Taft north to Trilby Road-Fort Collins)
Maps are available to pick up at numerous locations around the city, including the Loveland Visitor's Center, Boyd Lake State Park, Chilson Recreation Center, various Loveland bicycle shops, or at the Parks & Recreation administrative office (500 E. Third St., Suite 200).
Rec Trail & Bikeways Map (PDF)
Loveland has more than 20 miles of soft-surface trails in and around Loveland for your enjoyment.
- Foothills Nature Trail (part of Round Mountain National Recreation Trail)
- Summit Adventure Trail (part of Round Mountain National Recreation Trail)
- Kings Crossing Natural Area
- Mariana Butte Trail (Bicycling is NOT permitted)
- Meadowbrook Natural Area
- Morey Wildlife Reserve (Bicycling is NOT permitted)
- Old St. Louis Natural Area
- Oxbow Natural Area
- Prairie Ridge Natural Area
- River's Edge Natural Area
- Devil's Backbone Open Space (a Larimer County resource)
- Coyote Ridge (a City of Fort Collins resource that connects to Prairie Ridge in Loveland)
Additional Recreation Trail Resources
- COTREX - Colorado's Official Trails App
- General Rules for Use & Operation of Park Lands, Recreation Trails and Open Spaces
- Electronic Personal Assistance Mobility Devices (EPAMD) in all areas
- Loveland Bicycle and Pedestrian Program
- Bike to Work Day
The trail is partially handicap accessible from several locations and is designed to accommodate many types of recreation uses.
Be Aware! Wildlife Near the Trails
Trail w/out dogs [PDF]
Trail w/ dogs [PDF]
Parks & Recreation Administration 970.962.2727 Email email@example.com